CMH grow lights also go by the name Ceramic Discharge Metal Halide (CDM), the lights use ceramic technology and they have the qualities of metal halide and HPS grow lights. Also known as, LEC or Light Emitting Ceramic, the popularity of CMH is catching up with any medicinal plants growers because of the efficiency of the light, which is especially good for crop photosynthesis.
Advantages Of CMH Light
The CMH light spectrum combines the red-heavy HPS spectrum with the blue-heavy MH spectrum in one bulb, making it the perfect light for all stages of growth. With a high CRI, it is extremely close to natural sunlight, which is great for your plants and for your eyes (plants look more natural, making it easier to spot any discolorations or other issues).
Ceramic metal halide gives you a much higher PAR (the amount of light that is usable by plants) per watt than any other type of lighting, apart from the most expensive LED fixtures.
- UV Light
The CMH light spectrum also contains UV light of all type. Since UV-C light is harmful, the lamps use a glass filter to block that range. This leaves only UV-A and UV-B light, which many feel is beneficial to yield quality. There is no need for supplemental UV lights when using CMH grow lights for indoor growing.
- Lower Heat
CMH grow lights run much cooler than their MH and HPS counterparts. This reduces (or eliminates) the need for additional cooling equipment. They run hotter than light emitting diode lights, though.
- Long Lifespan
CMH bulbs last much longer than other HID or fluorescent lights. The standard rule of thumb for HPS or MH bulbs is to replace them after 10,000 hours of use. Good ceramic MH bulbs last over 20,000 hours. Moreover, they still retain 80% or more of their initial light output after 20,000 hours. HPS and MH lamps deteriorate much more quickly.
Then I will recommend you three top quality CMH grow lights.
- This is an idea greenhouse supplemental lighting fixture with advantages on deep light penetration and uniform light distribution.
- Equipped with high performance low frequency square wave electronic ballast ensures the stable light output as well as extend lamp lifetime.
- Optimal light output by incorporate with a 99% reflectivity glass optical silver-coated reflector.
- Controllable output. With the output dial, you can select an output power, adjusting your light to changing circumstances or growth phases. RJ ports allow you to connect external controller for control multiple light fixtures.
- ECO Farm grow light fixture kit is easy to install, low profile, saving the space
- Constantly output power when the voltage is fluctuating
- Reflector’s surface is coated with high purity silver, the contour design and texturing eliminates hot spots and dead zones.
- This CMH Fixtures run significantly cooler compared to conventional lighting setups and do not need to be cooled with ducting and fan; extra efficient with energy not lost to heat.
- Cutting-edge adjustable ballast features advanced low frequency Square-Wave technology for high efficiency, reliability, and no electromagnetic interference.
- CMH 630W Enclosed Grow Light kit w/ TWO 3100K Bulbs w/
- A higher temperature creating light much closer to the sun’s. Being able to operate more efficiently at higher temperatures means a boost in performance
- TWO bulbs (3100k bulb) provides the full light spectrum, so it can be used for both veg and bloom stages.
- Lumen: 120v/240v: 33000 lumen and ETL Listed replace 1000w hps lamp kit
- Degradation time: Standard MH bulbs have a lifetime of around 10,000 Hours. Which is less than 50% of the 24,000 Hours that CMH are rated for
Single Ended 315w Grow Light Reflectors for Digital Dimmable System Hydroponics Indoor Growing Plants, with ETL listed.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: firstname.lastname@example.org