Keeping your grow room clean, tidy, and sanitised will help you prevent pests, diseases, and mould from having their way with your medicinal plants. A daily cleaning regimen, good airflow and filters, insect traps, and even companion plants can help to fortify your growing space against these external threats.
How To Maintain a Clean Grow Room
Before you plant: Whether your supplies are new or you’ve used them before, be sure to clean them thoroughly. Pots, tubes, and tools need to be free of dust and dirt because the troublesome microbes feed on them. Wash everything you work with in hot, soapy water; rinse completely; and be sure they are thoroughly dry before you use them. Clean all of your tools with isopropyl alcohol to disinfect them.
Residual organic matter in soil can be a host to diseases and fungi, so it’s best to start each grow with a sterile mix. If you want to reuse soil, you can sterilize it in your oven at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes: Just spread the soil no more than 4 inches deep in glass or metal baking pans—no plastic containers—and cover each pan tightly with aluminum foil.
If you get plants from another grower, quarantine them for a week to 10 days before introducing them into your indoor garden. Watch for signs of plant diseases or pests and treat any problems you find before moving them in.
The nutrient solution you feed your plants is sustenance for many kinds of fungi. Even small drops that splash on the floor can be enough for spores to move in and begin to spread. Wipe up spills immediately and be sure the spots dry quickly.
Even where you haven’t spilled, the humid environment of a grow room is ideal for the formation of mold, mildew, and algae. Make a habit of removing mold and mildew with a sulfur-based fungicide that is approved for use in organic gardens. When you see algae—often in channels, gullies, and pumps—eliminate it with potassium salts of fatty acids, a powerful soap often used to kill insects.
You need to bring outside air into your grow room for a variety of reasons, but it can also carry in dirt, disease organisms, and spores. Use HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters on your ventilation devices to keep the problems out.
When your growing cycle has ended, clear your supplies and all the surfaces in your indoor garden of any residual bits of plant matter and dried nutrients; they are feeding grounds for plant pathogens and fungi. Treat them all with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), a disinfectant. You can pick it up in 3 percent or 6 percent solutions at pharmacies, in the health-care section of supermarkets, and from online beauty-supply sources. At these concentrations you can use it full strength to swab surfaces in the grow room; it breaks down quickly to oxygen and water without leaving any lingering residue. You may also find 10 percent hydrogen peroxide for sale for horticultural applications; dilute 1 cup in 1 gallon of water for use in your grow room. (Beware of more potent hydrogen peroxide solutions, which can be dangerous to you and your plants.)
That's all about how to clean grow room. Then I'd like to introduce three LED grow lights which you must need.
ECO Farm 600W Assemble Samsung 301H LED Grow Light Adjustable Beam With Meanwell HLG 600H 54B Driver
- ECO Farm 600W LED light is a high-performance top-lighting solution for commercial horticulture cultivation. Designed for growers to push the envelope with high-PPFD cultivation practices.
- The updated structure with an adjustable beam distribution rack and offers the possibility of adjusting the 600W LED grow light concentration along the rods, making application in different areas more flexible.
- It also has an anti-sulfur coating unique to horticulture, which further increases the chip's durability.
- Optimized full-spectrum, suitable for all growing stages from seed to harvest
- In addition, Meanwell HLG 600H 54B driver with high voltage capacitors, ensuring LED chips lifetime of up to 50,000 hours.
- The latest high-efficiency Samsung 301H 3500K chips + Epistar 660nm chips, with much better PAR efficiency results.
- Certification: CE, EMC, FCC, LVD,
- Warranty: 3-year
- Samsung LM301B/301H diodes, high efficacy 2.7 μmol/J.
- Full Spectrum grow light: Samsung 301B/301H white light+UV+IR which is suitable for plant growing
- Noise free-fanless design.
- Fast heat dissipation with solid aluminium.
- Adjustable MeanWell driver.
- IP65 waterproof light.
- Increase yield and crop quality, ideal for all growth stages.
- ECO Farm 640W/720W/960W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light, the very latest technology in LED plant lighting. Results have proven that LEDs are ideal for every stage of growth. They have a power output that is capable of producing a superior amount of light without having to draw too much power.
- Prefect as commercial LED grow lights, maximizes grow space,flexible 180 degree design, with the intensity of light can be adjusted according to the needs of plants, enable the exact dynamic PPFD control over each of plant growing stages.
- Bar light design and aluminium material on the back contribute to better airflow and great heat dissipation. ECO Farm plant growing light comes with a detachable driver and long power cord, thereby reducing ambient heat in your growing space for extended lifespan. With the waterproof circuit board, worry free of the moist environment. Easy installation.
- ECO Farm 640W/720W/960W hydroponics full spectrum foldable LED grow light with samsung 301B chips +UV+IR high yielding dimmable LED strips is perfect for veg to bloom, grow lamp born for Density Buds,widely suit for full-cycle commercial, home, grow tent, grow room, hydroponic ,soil growth.
Ok, that's all. We have many other grow equipments, mainly like LED grow lights, rosin press, etc. Looking for more options and information? Welcome to visit our official website. Follow us could get the biggest discount.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: firstname.lastname@example.org