Meidicinal Plants And Perlite
Soil is often favoured for its ability to retain natural organisms and moisture. However, these benefits can quickly overwhelm plants and lead to a string of problems. This is where perlite steps in to counterbalance some of the negative qualities of soil. In typical applications, perlite is mixed with soil to create a growing medium that has improved drainage, but still retains the soil’s natural attributes. The result is a healthier, stronger medicinal plants plant that can produce better yields.
What Is The Best Way To Use Perlite?
While it is possible to grow medicinal plants using a growing medium consisting entirely of perlite, this approach is most commonly used in hydroponics and requires advanced growing knowledge to get the best results. In the majority of scenarios, perlite will be mixed with soil or coco coir to create a balanced medium for growing medicinal plants.
For both soil and coco coir, you can add between 10–50% by volume of perlite. If you are planning a modest nutrient cycle, aim to use between 10–20%. This volume of perlite provides a middle-ground between moisture retention and runoff. If, however, you intend to use a lot of added nutrients or supplements, a 30–50% perlite mix can negate the risk of nutrient lockout from the plant being overloaded. At this level of concentration, the leaching of nutrients will be high because of the increased drainage and subsequent water runoff.
Advantages Of Growing In Perlite
- It isn’t just the improved drainage that makes perlite an advantageous medium for growing medicinal plants. Below are several reasons why you should consider adding it to your next indoor grow:
- Increased oxygen levels form because of the air pockets created by perlite. Roots thrive on oxygen, so expect improved rates of growth.
- Being inert, perlite will not upset nutrient concentrations.
- Ideal for clones, as the lightweight structure of perlite means roots can penetrate easily.
- The decreased weight means handling potted medicinal plants plants is much more comfortable. The benefits stack up when you are cultivating multiple plants.
Here I want to introduce some LED grow lights:
ECO Farm ECOZ Series 250W/510W/700W/1000W Samsung LM301H Chips LED Grow Light Strips With Separately UV+IR Control
- ECO Farm ECOZ 250W/510W/700W/1000W series light with top-bin Samsung LM301H chips (5000K+3000K)+Osram (660nm+730nm)+Refond (395nm), offering all the necessary light effiency to your medicinal plants in whole growth stages - from VEG to Flower
- Adjustable full spectrum 3 channels dimming way, each channel can be controllable separately.
- UV IR seperately control
- Passive cooling, no noise operation.
- Higher yields and lower cost: ECO Farm ECOZ series delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields.
- 'Plug & play' fast installation design makes your grow way easier with lowest maintenance cost and easy installation, specially big saves on shipping.
- Maximum yields & high quality: Durable IP65 waterproof aluminum material used, Samsung LM301H/ LM301B/LM281B led chips and Osram power, high efficiency is 2.5 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. PPF is 2000 umol/s, maximize yield with 50% higher Average PPFD, achieve 60% higher yield & quality compared with the traditional led lights. Consume power is 400W/650W/800W, make it a high-end&high-performance commercial grow light.
- User-friendly dimmer suits full-cycle home horticulture. Wider 8-bar light for even & broad canopy coverage.
- Reality full sectrum grow light: utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today, max yield Spectrum with enhanced 660nm led chips and warm 3500K led chips, it speed up blooming & fruiting stages, perfect for Density Buds.The light could be used for commercial,home,grow tent,grow room, hydroponic,soil growth. this 800W led grow ight is best for 6x6 FT growth.
- The light is great in heat dispersing & 50000 hours lifespan, drop 50% in electricity bill than HID lights!
- Dimming design would also enable the exact dynamic PPFD control over each of plant growing stages, its growers' best choice LED grow light.
- ECO Farm LED grow light has customized full-spectrum LED plant lamp beads + Sonseng power supply (can be matched with Samsung lamp beads and Mingwei power supply solutions), and a special spectrum ratio scheme specially developed and matched for medicinal plants, which is more than conventional full-spectrum High PPFD and PAR, the efficiency is also higher.
- The radiator module is integrally formed, and is made of high-purity refined aluminum anodized, and uses physical heat dissipation, which greatly extends the service life of the lamp.
- On the basis of the integrated design of the power module and the light-emitting module, detachable ultraviolet and infrared light-emitting modules are added. The unique folding design and detachable solution are more convenient to use.
- Using the three-way dimming design of the knob and controller, the light components can be adjusted separately to adapt to different growth stages of plants.
- Our products have passed ETL, CEFCC, IC certification, and important parts have passed UL certification.
Many of the disadvantages of using perlite can be easily mitigated. This makes the benefits significantly more accessible, and in nearly all scenarios, perlite is an essential addition to growing medicinal plants.
Now that we know what perlite is, how it’s made, and how beneficial it can be for potted medicinal plants, there seems little reason not to use it in your next grow. With the ability to improve yields and promote healthy growth, perlite could be your new best friend.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: firstname.lastname@example.org