If you're unfamiliar with the rosin-making process, get ready for a medicinal plants DIY experience that could change your consumption life forever. Rosin is a concentrate made by exposing medicinal plants to heat and pressure in order to force out the terpenes found in the plant's trichome glands. It's easy to make rosin out of flower, dry sift (kief), or subpar hash using just a few tools you likely have around the house.
Steps for making rosin
It's not necessary to grind your bud but just gently flatten it a bit with your hands to make the press easier. Check to make sure the nug you've chosen will fit inside the parchment and the flat surface of the straightener. Make sure to use buds that are properly cured and not too wet or too dry.
If using a rosin bag, place the plant material into it. We recommend nylon food-grade screens or a mesh bag. (This step is optional for flower, but necessary for hash or dry sift.)
Set the temperature on your hair straightener or press. Start with low temperatures and work your way up. High temps are quick but can scorch your material and result in dark, runny rosin.
Place your bag or loose flower between two pieces of parchment paper. Use only as much material as will fit under the heating element. Leave a couple of inches of extra parchment paper on all sides to catch the rosin. You don't want it to spill over onto the plates.
Press the parchment paper with the preheated straightener for four to 30 seconds. The time you need to press depends on the quality of your flower but release when you hear a sizzle. Pressing firmly with the straightener laying flat like a stapler will generally yield better results. This may take a few attempts to get the hang of it.
After removing the flower from the parchment paper, check the amount of oil. You can reposition the nug on a clean spot on the paper or use fresh paper to press again. Repeat until there's no more new rosin coming out.
Once you have finished pressing your product, use a dabber to collect the rosin.
Package or store the rosin for later use (between parchment is fine if you plan to use it soon). You can also turn it into rosin taffy by stretching, pulling, and twisting it with the dabber until it's a taffy-like consistency.
What's a "good" yield?
The goal of pressing rosin is to get all the erpenes out of the trichome glands. Theoretically, if your medcinal plants has 18% ,2% terpenes, the yield you'd get from pressing 1 gram of flower would be 0.2 grams of rosin. Of course, a lot of factors contribute to the overall output as well as the quality of your rosin.
If you don't feel like you got everything out of your first run, you can always grab new parchment paper and press the medicinal plants again. Increasing the temperature or pressure on your second run will ensure you get every last bit of oil out of your product.
The following are some best rosin press, let's have a look.
- Easy and Efficient: ECO Farm 300W auto electric rosin press does not require any type of air compressor and usually has built-in electronic pressure control.
- Advanced Design: This type of rosin press is advanced in design for the extraction industry and has a beautiful appearance. It is especially popular with amateur growers and family extractors.
- Great Experience: This machine will give you some of the best solventless rosin/wax/concentrates/isolates ever.
- 5 tons of Pressure: ECO Farm 5 ton rosin press machine hydraulic device gives big enough pressure on the plate to get better high-pressure oil extraction.
- Intelligent Control: Intelligent temperature controller with screen and timing button. With upper and lower heating plates so that objects can be heated evenly.
- Humanized Design: Ergonomic handle design for easy pressing and moving.
- High-quality Material: The surface of the heating plate is coated with a high temperature resistant anti-sticking layer, which is easy to clean and anti-oxidation.
- Double Heating: Double heating insulated solid aluminum plates, with the temperature control device and handle on the front of the rosin press, very user-friendly design, more convenient to use.
- LCD Display: With intelligent temperature controller, with LCD screen and timer button. The upper and lower heating plates can evenly heat the objects.
- Adjustable Pressure: The maximum pressure can reach 4 tons, which is easy to adjust and can be suppressed quickly.
- Easy to Carry: Ergonomic design, easy to press and move
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: email@example.com