Monsteras are tropical plants, so they will need plenty of bright light (at least 8-10 hours) every day, in most areas. Monsteras need plenty of bright light to grow.
4 Signs Your Monstera Needs Light
Sign 1: the leaves won’t split
If your monstera is over 3 years old, you should start to see windows or cracks in the leaves.
After all, it's one of the most iconic features of monsters, and that's why most of us have them!
But your monstera needs light to do it. Mature leaves without holes are a clear sign that your monstera will be happier in bright light.
Sign 2: Small Leaves and Long Petioles
Leggy means that your plant is stretched out. Leggy plants have long, weak petioles (the stalk that connects the leaf to the main stem) that have extended themselves to reach to try to find more light. Leggy Monsteras are also characterized by smaller than normal leaves.
While this might look different on other plants, for Monsteras, it often means that these long stems fall over, making your plant look untidy and unkempt.
Legginess, is nearly always due to lack of light. If you find your Monstera is stretching out and over-extending itself to reach for additional sunlight, do it a favor and move it to a brighter area of your home or office.
Sign 3: The leaves are becoming discolored
Brown spots or yellow patches are a common problem with monsteras’ that don’t get enough light. These issues are also common problems when you’re overwatering your plant.
However, if the plant was getting enough sunlight the soil would be drying out enough between waterings.
So, if you see unappealing brown or yellow spots on the leaves you should first reduce the water that you’re giving the plant. If this does not affect the issue and the discoloration continues, place the plant closer to a bright window.
Sign 4: Slow or No Growth
Monstera deliciosa in particular can grow up to 10 feet indoors, and it doesn’t take all that long to get there. Even indoors, Monsteras grow quickly. Under ideal conditions, they can reach heights of eight feet with gigantic, broad leaves spanning up to two feet wide. If you notice that your Monstera rarely puts out new growth, your plant may need more light.
If you notice that your monstera in its growing season hasn’t grown larger or put out new leaves for a few months (especially during the spring or summer), it might not be getting the light it needs to produce energy to support that new growth. Upping your plant’s access to indirect light could make a huge difference. Remember: sunlight is key to plant growth.
If there is no natural sunlight available, then you will want to use your grow lights for about 10-12 hours per day, then increase this gradually until you are providing 14 hours of light per day for best results.
Below are two best grow light for your reference:
ECO Farm 80W 4 Head Timing Full Spectrum LED Grow Light With Adjustable Gooseneck
- Automatically turn on and turn off the timing function: The cycle memory timing function can be set to 3 6 12 hours timer settings, automatically light up plants. The timing function gives you the opportunity to set the lighting time to 3,6 or 12 hours and will automatically light up the plant.
- 3 switch modes and 5 dimmable options: The monstera grow light has 3 switch modes and 5 different brightness dimmable options
- Full-spectrum plant light-larger lighting area: 4 head full-spectrum grow light used indoors are suitable for all stages of plant grow and almost all types of indoor growing plants. It emits all the wavelengths from 380nm to 800nm – just like natural sunlight, it has proven effective at promoting indoor growth as it accelerates photosynthesis.
- Flexible led goosenecks: degree flexible gooseneck with clip that can easily adjust the angle and distance. 4 flexible gooseneck can be easily adjusted in height and angle to help your plants get the light they need. The strong clip can be fastened next to your plants at will, suitable for living room, study, private garden and offices.
- ECO Farm grow light has high energy-efficiency features and a high emergence rate. You get a balance of quality, safety and long life.
- Multiple Use: This grow light is suitable for indoor hydroponics and horticultural indoor plant seedlings, greenhouse vegetables, etc. It can be used at home, in a hydroponic greenhouse, an office, etc. It can provide healthy, bright light for your plants, suitable for the entire growing cycle.
ECO Farm TOP Series 650W/800W Samsung 281B/301B Chips Dimmable LED Grow Light
ECO Farm TOP series 650W/800W LED grow light offers a wide range of LED selections with different spectrums and provides simulation tool to integrate them together. Optimum spectrum for specific crops can be designed considering different photosynthetic pigments and photoreceptors.
ECO Farm TOP series grow light has been developed by indoor growers many years of careful experimentation and testing. Scientifically engineered to deliver the highest level of PAR output and balanced coverage in the LED grow the market.
High efficacy LEDs and continue to develop more innovate technologies. We customized TOP series light spectrum to optimize plant growth and increase yields while consuming less energy and reducing operating costs compared with traditional horticulture technologies.
High quality offers high light intensity.
Light efficiency was the same as FLUENCE VYPR light bar.
- Heat sink fin design. Anodizing back finish for heat dissipation
- Samsung 281B/301B chips realize high luminous efficacy & low optical decay
- Slim vertical profile conserves precious vertical real estate
- Uniformity and intensity can be fine-tuned by adjusting the built-in dimming knob.
- IP65 design could use for a damp place such as greenhouse
- Five-year standard warranty
Looking for more options and information? Welcome to visit our official website. Follow us could get the biggest discount. Now using coupon code: Nicole17 to get 17% off when checkout.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: email@example.com