Humidity has a direct impact on plant growth. Due to the nature of greenhouse and hydroponic setups, controlling the humidity in this environment can be difficult. Humidity levels change with fluctuations in temperature and plants are constantly transpiring, adding to the problem. The temperature is quite different both at day, night, summer and winter, which makes the humidity hard control. If left untreated the high humidity environment will cause many problems for plant growth, such as reduction of water uptake due to foliar and slow drying of growth medium after watering resulting in root diseases. When your RH breaks 85 percent you may get fungal issues due to transpired moisture remaining on the leafs. These compound to result in a lower quality crop and poor yields.
Humidity and Vapor-Pressure Deficit
Relative humidity is a measure of how much moisture is in the air relative to how much it can hold. Water holding capacity of the air doubles roughly every 11°C. This means air at 31°C can hold double moisture compared with that at 20°C. Therefor relative humidity isn’t a good measure to go by for deciding humidity levels in a greenhouse.
Vapor-Pressure Deficit is the difference between how much moisture is in the air and how much moisture the air could hold at full capacity. Plant leaves open their stomata based on humidity and vapor-pressure deficit, therefore controlling vapor-pressure deficit is a better way to improve plant growth. The below chart is a good rule of thumb for choosing your target relative humidity to achieve a good vapor-pressure deficit.
Choosing the Right Dehumidifier for your Greenhouse
When choosing a dehumidifier for a green house you need to keep in mind air circulation and uniformity. If you put a single dehumidifier in a greenhouse with no ducting, the area around the dehumidifier will be dry. However the areas further away won’t be dried effectively. Our solution to this problem is to use ducted dehumidifiers. With this method you can have large dehumidifiers and run ducting over a larger area. This reduces the need for fans and helps create a uniform humidity level in your greenhouse.
- Efficient Dehumidification: ECO Farm dehumidifier is equipped with a 22L water tank that effectively extracts up to 300-350ML/H water daily in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH.
- Modern Design: Efficient automatic system, It can achieve continuous dehumidification all day which is better than other dehumidifiers.
- Energy Saving: The electric dehumidifier built-in power supply which more safety. The dehumidifier is effective and energy-saving. It's more environmentally friendly than the traditional chemical absorbents.
- Work Efficiently: Our air dehumidifier collects moisture and releases fresh air to let the humidity at 50%-60%, providing your plant a healthy and comfortable growth environment. Protecting your grow lights far away from humidity, and extend the life of the lights.
- Convenient Use: Remote control function (optional installation)
- Large capacity commercial dehumificador-this industrial commercial dehumidifier can be used in 150-220㎡ grow room, suitable to use in large area, warehouse, grow room, basement, garage, workshop, greenhouse, and small factory, etc.
- Intelligent touch control- humidity auto control: simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the room humidity reachs the setting humidity and restart to working again when the humidity is above. Power outage auto restart function: It will restart automatically when power becomes available.
- Unique design for large space- this is a portable industrial dehumidifier designed with the sleek and modern look. With four universal wheels and two ergonomically placed handles, you can move this dehumidifier easily in your area.The back housing can be opened like a door, allowing to store the drain hose and other accessories inside.
- Continous drainage mode avaliable- this dehumidifier is come with a with 40” long drain hose. Easily connect with drain hose, you do not need to pour water from water bucket any more, just set your desire humidity (10-90%RH) and it will automatically turn off when it reach the point.
ECO Farm 90L dehumidifier, used to remove moisture from the air to decrease the humidity level of the room and keep the indoor air dry and comfortable.
- Continuous operations- featuring with automatic humidistats, automatic restart after power outages, auto defrost and continuous drainage, this dehumidifier allows for low-hassle humidity control that doesn't require your constant attention, being an excellent choice for commercial, industrial and residential areas
- Portable design for large space- it is a portable industrial dehumidifier with four wheels and ergonomically recessed handles, you can move it in your area without any effort
Looking for more options and information? Welcome to visit our official website. Follow us could get the biggest discount.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: firstname.lastname@example.org