When should we harvest the buds from a medicinal plant? That is the eternal question… I’m sure the answer we’re all thinking is “Not soon enough!”
Unfortunately for us impatient growers, harvesting at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest too soon and you lose potency and plant yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine.
Quick Summary: Buds are ready to harvest when hairs have darkened and curled in, revealing the solid bud underneath. Harvest buds on the early side for more of an “up” mental/psychoactive effect (trichome heads appear milky white under a magnifier). If buds are allowed to continue maturing, the white trichomes begin to turn amber/golden. The greater the number of amber trichomes, the more buds produce a “down” body/couchlock effect.
You only need 3 things to determine the best harvest time:
- The knowledge of when to harvest – You get that today
- Eyes for visual inspection – You’ve probably had these for a while
- A magnifying tool (optional but recommended) – Makes the glittery, resin-filled trichomes on your buds easier to see; although not 100% necessary, this lets you time your harvest perfectly to get the exact effects you’re looking for. See reviews of different magnifiers
When it comes to indoor medicinal plants growing, the most popular LED grow lights that can help you are:
- IP65 waterproof coating, great for humid environment.
- Emitting color: 3500K warm white
- Full-spectrum for all growth stages: Epistar 3030 3500K and 6500K + Epistar 660nm
- Epistar chips promise high light efficacy and long lifespan
- Aluminum material, high quality & excellent heat dissipation
- Each light bar has a small switch to control each light bar individually
- Maximize harvest yield & energy-saving - ECO Farm FLD 200W/320W LED grow light with higher light intensity, less light decay, better lumens and PAR values than HPS/MH light. Keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage. Long lifespan more than 150,000hours
- Dimmable & full spectrum: The intensity of light can be adjusted according to the needs of plants. Light chips consisted of 3000K+5000K+660nm +740nm, the full spectrum LED grow light is designed in scientific light spectral ratio that maximize photosynthesis and optimize the yield. The full-spectrum LED grow light is optimized for rapid growth and complete plant development
- Structure optimization and material upgrade - with fordable function, FLD LED grow light can be installed and moved easily
- New upgraded structure and material make the light more lightweight
- High quality, high efficiency as well as energy saving
- With IP65 waterproof
- ECO Farm LED grow light is designed for anyone who wants to set up an indoor garden easily. It can generate sufficient full spectrum light imitating sunlight to fulfill plant need in various plant development stages, from seed germination to flowering and fruiting
- This LED grow light generates low heat and consumes less energy than a traditional grow light
- Good to provide a boost for photosynthesis, rooting, flowering, and fruiting
- You can install this grow light in various places, such as shelves, kitchen cabinets, grow tent, garages, and basements
- This grow light has long lifetime, save energy
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our emails address is: email@example.com